Saturday, September 12, 2009

Morning Announcements

I was thinking of the morning announcements I made as Student Council President. (which didn't start until after Christmas Break. )

And remembered one I started with ,""Betcha by Golly Wow" - it's Tuesday" which got me to thinking about CKLW - in the Motor City~~.
So I Googled it. Wickopedia gives a brief history of the station, but ...... !

the site below gives the weekly Top 30 ! ! -- from 1967 to 1979 -- (and some earlier) at "the BIG 8"

http://ct30.com/big30/index.html

I know it looks weird, without the http://www/ but it works.... (maybe it's a Canadian website ?) all I know is that some of you guys with the monster stereos in your cars would crank it up so much, that I'd say, "I like this song, but, Please turn it down a little ! I CANADA stand it, this Loud !"

So what was your fav song the week of Sept 13, 1971 ? (kinda slim picken's this week) but I'll take #25, with #30 next, and then 'the walrus's rocker'. (If you don't remember a song, goto YouTube and type the Artist and Title in the Search Box.) oh, wait #21 was another great one ! and #2 !

3 comments:

  1. Great post. I now have an irresistible urge to listen to the 'Moody Blues'. Thanks Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I'm also going with #2, Uncle Albert because it had several variations in one song. And then #21, MacArthur Park.

    "And the hits just keep onnnnn comin'!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn´t have time to see the list and I am not sure if the dates will match, but here it goes: Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair, and Alone Again, (Naturally...)....both still clear in my mind... And I still remember J.B. in one ocasion, performing a master show singing "In The Jungle (The Lion Sleeps Tonight)"..lol...lol...lol.

    Augusto Silva.

    ReplyDelete