Friday, November 13, 2009

Week of November 8

11/8 Last week of football. Watched film from last week.

11/9 Snowed all day. Had 2 extra study halls because Mr. Rossman was out. Had cold and wet football practice on the field.

11/10 Had our very last pad practice under the lights on the field. Last time on the sled. Had Honor Society social at our school. Had a play and Webb played the guitar and he and I sang "Country Roads".

11/11 Warmed up quite a bit. Had the last football practice. Jim Warren won the pass and run contests. I got 12th and 10th. Steve Anderson won the kick contest. I got 9th.

11/12 Got out of school for half day because a teacher died. Played last football game and won 13-0 over Bluffton making us the first CR team to go 10-0. Had a 65 yard TD pass called back because Sammy was holding. Shafer had party after. We TP'd Linda Boehm's house.

Note: My recollection of the long pass from Shafer was that I caught it in the back of the end zone and then fell into the crowd. They picked me up and tossed me back onto the field. I remember feeling like I was air borne. Then I remember Bubba running downfield to congratulate me. Fortunately he didn't jump on me. Then we saw the flag back upfield and trotted slowly back. It was thrilling for a minute.

There was a play in the 3rd quarter where I caught a pass from Shafer in the flats on the right side. As I turned to start to run, one of the Bluffton guys just bulldozed me - layed me out flat on my back and caused a fumble. The ball was at my feet and I flipped it up in the air with my feet and caught it while still on my back. It was a great film highlight.

I also remember that Coach let me run the ball on the last play of the year. Ran off left tackle. We were on about the 6 yard line. I could see the goal line after the handoff. Got tackled and reached out but came about a foot short of the goal. Ending the year with a touchdown would have been great. It was pretty disappointing.

11/13 Went to Lima Sr. and auditioned for District Chorus. Missed Basketball practice. JV's scrimmaged each other. Had Junior Dance at night.

1 comment: